▪ 8 or 9 inch graham cracker crust (Mama makes her homemade pie crust)
▪ 3- ounces cream cheese (Mama uses 4-ounces because she buys the 8-ounce and cuts it in half)
▪ ½ cup sifted powdered sugar
▪ ½ cup whipped topping, thawed
▪ 1 (4-ounce package) instant vanilla pudding mix
▪ 1 cup coconut flakes
▪ 1 ½ cups milk
▪ 1 8 ounce frozen whipped topping, thawed (We use Cool Whip)
▪ 1/2 cup coconut flakes, toasted (See NOTE)
1⃣ In a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
2⃣ Fold the whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
3⃣ In a separate bowl, mix instant pudding mix with milk. Beat 2 minutes on low speed on mixer. (It’s important to use the mixer on this step.)
4⃣ Stir in the coconut.
5⃣ Combine instant pudding mixture and cream cheese mixture.
6⃣ Pour into graham cracker crust.
7⃣ Spread thawed whipped topping on top.
8⃣ Sprinkle toasted coconut on top.
9⃣ Refrigerate until serving–at least 4 hours.
📣 RECIPE NOTES
To toast coconut, spread coconut in shallow pan and bake in 350 degree oven 7 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently.
If you like this Mamas Coconut Refrigerator Pie Recipe, do yourself a favor and try my coconut cream cake recipe. You will LOVE it! 😍