▪ 8 cups bread, cubed
▪ 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
▪ 4 eggs
▪ 1 cup vanilla yogurt
▪ 1 cup milk
▪ 2 tsp cinnamon, divided
▪ ½ tsp nutmeg
▪ ½ c sugar + 2 Tbsp
▪ ½ cup raisins
▪ 1 cup Unsalted Butter
▪ 1 cup Heavy Cream
▪ 1 cup Brown Sugar
▪ Preheat oven to 350°.
▪ Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
▪ In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, eggs, 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and ½ cup sugar.
▪ Stir in the apples, raisins, then gently fold in the bread cubes. Pour into the prepared pan.
▪ In a small bowl, stir together 2 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
▪ Sprinkle on top the bread pudding. Bake 30-40 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
▪ While the bread pudding is baking, make the caramel sauce.
▪ In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together the butter, heavy cream, and brown sugar; bring to a boil.
▪ Reduce heat to low, simmer until the sauce thickens, for about 5 minutes. Pour over bread pudding to serve. Top with vanilla ice cream.
▪ If you can leave bread cubes out for a few hours so they get nice and dry. If not, just place them on a baking sheet and bake them at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until they’re dry but not toasted.
▪ You can make this the night before and pop it in the oven for breakfast – it actually gets better if it sits overnight!
If you like this Apple Pie Bread Pudding, do yourself a favor and try my Southern Strawberry Pineapple Punch Bowl Cake. You will LOVE it! 😍